Digital Asset Manager
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, one of the world's premier dance institutions, is seeking a motivated, creative self-starter to lead oversight and management of our extensive digital asset collection in a digital asset management (DAM) system. Reporting to the General Counsel’s Office which oversees the Archive Department, this position will work directly with the Archivist. The position’s work will also be coordinated with the External Affairs department and this position will steward the organization of Ailey’s digital assets so that they are available for use internally as well as by a variety of external partners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the ongoing administration and maintenance of a Digital Asset Management (DAM) system to support organizational projects:
- Prepare and ingest photos, videos, and documents
- Manage asset metadata
- Develop and refine digital asset taxonomy and controlled vocabularies
- Demonstrated experience with managing digital assets and establishing metadata standards in a cloud-based DAM system.
- Best practice knowledge that can be applied to develop metadata schemas, controlled vocabularies, taxonomies, file and folder naming conventions and structures.
- Fanatical about creating order from disorder.
- Outstanding eye for detail.
- Experience with Final Cut Pro or similar software, specifically basic video editing and format conversion.
- Subject matter expertise in dance preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a digital asset management role
- MLIS or equivalent degree
Compensation: Competitive salary. Benefits include employer-provided health/dental insurance, Flexible Spending Account, retirement plan, and savings on transit/parking.
To apply for this position, click on the apply link below and upload one file (accepted formats include .doc, .docx, .txt, or .pdf) that contains the following items: https://www.alvinailey.org/about/job-opportunities
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position at Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation, Inc. and salary requirements
- Contact information for two references
No phone calls, please.
- Pay Type Salary
- 405 W 55th St, New York, NY 10019, USA