Compensation & Benefits Manager
This position is responsible for the management of Alta Resources compensation and benefit programs as well as advising, counseling, and training management and staff on compensation and benefits policies and procedures. This position will directly oversee a staff and will be responsible for the management and development of these employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibility include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Align with Strategic Mandates of Increased Profitability, Reduced Risk, Applied Innovation and Governed Growth.
- Manage and administer all aspects of the total compensation program companywide
- Oversee external analysis recommendations and implementation modifications to the salary structure, develop a budget and merit matrix for annual compensation budgeting process
- Develop and conduct Compensation Management Training with leaders and Human Resources staff
- Provide coaching, guidance, and training to leaders with regards to compensation and benefits
- Manage all benefit plans including health insurance, dental insurance, flexible spending, life insurance, retirement plan, etc.
- Work closely with the CEO, CFO, Chief Compliance Officer and benefits consultant to evaluate and recommend benefit plans each year
- Understand the trends affecting compensation and benefit design and make recommendations based on information
- Oversee the annual benefits open enrollment process
- Understand national and international laws regarding Compensation and Benefits to evaluate current policies, procedures, organizational impact and propose and implement changes with adherence to company philosophies
- Create, implement and maintain an overall organizational compensation and benefits strategy
- Develop and implement compensation and benefits activities, plans, and procedures to ensure standardization, use of best practices, and gained efficiencies
- Recommend and implement wellness initiatives throughout the organization to reduce healthcare expenses
- Complete monthly reports utilizing HRIS and reporting software
- Participate in developing, executing, and obtaining department goals, objectives, and metrics
- Provide leadership and coaching to direct and dotted line reports as well as other Human Resource team members as needed
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships
- Keep abreast of and ensure compliance with applicable legal guidelines and reporting requirements
- Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position.
Supervises and carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, retaining, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing and resolving issues. The position also requires active leadership in the way of supporting strategic initiatives as well as personal development and application of Six Sigma methodologies. All leadership positions are expected to attain Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or University with a focus on HR Management required; Master’s Degree preferred. Five years’ experience in compensation and/or benefits administration. PHR and/or CEBS certification preferred.
TECHNOLOGY SKILL BASE
This position requires a working knowledge of computer technology that includes: Intermediate Word and Excel, along with Client and Alta designated software. Individuals must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications as introduced by the Client and Alta Resources.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Alta Resources is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Neenah, WI | Brea, CA | Fort Myers, FL | Pasig City, PH | Belize City, BZ | Mexico City, MX
- Pay Type Salary
- Ft. Myers, FL, 12600 Gateway Blvd, Fort Myers, Florida, United States of America
- Neenah, WI, 120 N Commercial St, Neenah, Wisconsin, United States of America