SMS is part of the Alliant family of companies. SMS is a full-service insurance marketing organization (IMO) dedicated to helping independent insurance agents leverage time, make more money and put their business in a position of distinction. Founded in 1982, SMS has grown into one of the industry’s foremost IMOs with more than 320 employees and 65,000 independent agents under contract. With products and agents in all 50 states, SMS offers the industry’s most complete IMO experience. We support every facet of an agent’s business, from our comprehensive senior product portfolio to our technology, services and marketing programs.
Social media link: https://www.linkedin.com/company/seniormarketsales/
The Accounting Associate is responsible for various accounting duties within the Accounting Department, including but not limited to, accounts payable tasks and accounts receivable tasks as well as other tasks / projects that may arise from time to time. The position may require direct communication with officers and senior managers within the company and therefore any information exchanged should be treated with the highest degree of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
Responsibilities for the Accounting Associate position includes but not limited to:
- Assist with accounts payable and accounts receivable functions as needed to learn the required duties of the position
- Assist Divisional Accountants with monthly accounting tasks and / or projects
- Cross train with other department personnel for back up of other companies within the group
- Assist with onboarding and integration of newly acquired companies, as needed
- Assist with special projects and assignments as needed
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred or equivalent work experience
- Insurance industry or related field (financial services or marketing) experience preferred
- Must also have experience working with Excel, PowerPoint, Access or other data base applications and financial reporting software
- Sage 100 and Sage Intelligence experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer; SMS participates in the E-Verify system.
“Successful people do those things that failures refuse to do.”
- Pay Type Hourly
- 8420 W Dodge Rd #510, Omaha, NE 68114, USA