Project Manager - IT
SMS is part of the Alliant family of companies. SMS is a full-service insurance marketing organization (IMO) dedicated to helping independent insurance agents leverage time, make more money and put their business in a position of distinction. Founded in 1982, SMS has grown into one of the industry’s foremost IMOs with more than 320 employees and 65,000 independent agents under contract. With products and agents in all 50 states, SMS offers the industry’s most complete IMO experience. We support every facet of an agent’s business, from our comprehensive senior product portfolio to our technology, services and marketing programs.
Social media link:https://www.linkedin.com/company/seniormarketsales/
Senior Market Sales, Inc. (SMS) is expanding our Project Management team and is looking for an experienced Project Manager. This individual will be expected to independently manage large-scale, complex business and IT Projects. The Project Manager will work with the project leadership team to manage the project plan, sprints, and sprint planning; facilitate stand-up meetings; mitigate risks; communicate with stakeholders and company leaders; and coordinate the change request process.
- Manage and coordinate assigned project(s)
- Collaborate with Business Leaders to develop business cases for new projects
- Develop and manage project plans
- Foresee and mitigate risks and impediments to successful project delivery
- Deliver project(s) within the approved budget and timeframe
- Provide regular status updates and reports to all levels within the organization
- Manage cross-functional project team(s)
- Present at meetings to include ongoing initiatives as well as future plans to be implemented
- Coordinate and manage key business relationships with internal and external partners and vendors
- Assist with special projects/assignments as requested by members of management
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Project Management, or related field; or a minimum of 5 years relevant project management experience
- Experience with Project Management software such as MS Project, Jira and Confluence preferred
- Project Management certification preferred – PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO or CSP-SM, etc.
- Insurance industry or related field (financial services or marketing) experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written proficiencies of the English language is required
Equal Opportunity Employer; SMS participates in the E-Verify system.
“Successful people do those things that failures refuse to do.”
- Pay Type Salary
- 8420 W Dodge Rd #510, Omaha, NE 68114, USA