SMS is part of the Alliant family of companies. SMS is a full-service insurance marketing organization (IMO) dedicated to helping independent insurance agents leverage time, make more money and put their business in a position of distinction. Founded in 1982, SMS has grown into one of the industry’s foremost IMOs with more than 320 employees and 65,000 independent agents under contract. With products and agents in all 50 states, SMS offers the industry’s most complete IMO experience. We support every facet of an agent’s business, from our comprehensive senior product portfolio to our technology, services and marketing programs.
Social media link: https://www.linkedin.com/company/seniormarketsales/
The Divisional Accountant is responsible for preparing and maintenance of general ledger account reconciliations for multiple companies. This position will require some direct communication with officers or owners of the company therefore any information exchanged should be treated with the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Maintain all balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare/enter periodic journal entries to general ledger
- Prepare income statement account reconciliations/journal entries for revenue recognition
- Cross train with other Department personnel for back up with other companies within the group
- Assist with monthly financial statement preparation and month end close tasks
- Assist with annual budget process for related companies
- Assist with on boarding and integration of newly acquired companies
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Insurance industry or related field (financial services or marketing) experience preferred
- Experience in preparing financial statements for multiple companies and analyzing result
- Must also have an advanced skill level working with Excel, PowerPoint, Access or other data base applications and financial reporting software
- Sage 100 and Sage Intelligence experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer; SMS participates in the E-Verify system.
“Successful people do those things that failures refuse to do.”
- Pay Type Hourly
- 8420 W Dodge Rd #510, Omaha, NE 68114, USA