SMS is part of the Alliant family of companies. SMS is a full-service insurance marketing organization (IMO) dedicated to helping independent insurance agents leverage time, make more money and put their business in a position of distinction. Founded in 1982, SMS has grown into one of the industry’s foremost IMOs with more than 320 employees and 65,000 independent agents under contract. With products and agents in all 50 states, SMS offers the industry’s most complete IMO experience. We support every facet of an agent’s business, from our comprehensive senior product portfolio to our technology, services and marketing programs.
Social media link:https://www.linkedin.com/company/seniormarketsales/
The System Administrator installs, implements, maintains, and troubleshoots complex operating systems software and related program products. This role provides technical consulting on the use and integration of applications into the operating environment.
- Responsibilities include day-to-day administration of our Microsoft Network System.
- Regular vulnerability patching in both applications and server OS
- Perform user administration (setup and maintenance) of user accounts.
- Perform on-site diagnosis, troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise as well as maintenance, upgrades and repairs on server equipment.
- Develop plans and processes to maximize long-term capabilities of the system including identifying hardware, software and process solutions.
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies for the system including backup and recovery policies and security policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years related IT experience. MS or BS (or equivalent experience) Associates/ Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Windows operating systems, subsystems, and Software Vendor products.
- Extensive experience inVMWare, AWS, and Azure
- Experience with the configuration of Anti-Virus systems, encryption, system installation and configuration, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software
- Experience in Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office Intermediate or Advanced skills preferred. Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (VBScript, Powershell)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management
- Builds, defines and documents new standards, processes and procedures
- Provides documentation for new builds to be done in the environment
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can configure NFS; can use nslookup and troubleshoot information in the DNS; understands basic routing concepts
- Three to five years of system administration experience in VMWare, Windows Server/PC platforms and router configurations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, MIS or similar course area OR equivalent combination of education and work experience; with at least 4-5 years’ experience working with end-user, database and network administration.
Equal Opportunity Employer; SMS participates in the E-Verify system.
failures refuse to do.”
- Pay Type Hourly
- 8420 W Dodge Rd #510, Omaha, NE 68114, USA