Systems Administrator II
Systems Administrator II (Linux)
6 Penn Center Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15276, USA
The Systems Administrator II will act as a resource for Linux, cloud and various virtualization administration, storage area network (SAN) architecture, performance tuning, monitoring and capacity planning, and incident resolution. You will co-manage project and tasks, system changes and application rollouts/security patches/upgrades. You will also be responsible for ensuring data resilience through redundant storage systems, backup strategies, business continuity and disaster recovery operations.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and contribute both as an individual and a team member to achieve the goals of the department.
- Ability to isolate problems, identify sources of help, and work with customers, vendors and teammates to implement solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Administer, optimize, and manage virtualization and cloud infrastructure of medium to high complexity.
- Identify and mitigate hardware/software issues, performance bottlenecks and overall system health.
- Install new and/or rebuild existing servers as requested, following a standard build process.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards and develop installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches to system administration.
- Perform capacity planning and document system design/configurations.
- Restore servers and files from backups for disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Working knowledge of RedHat based Linux distributions.
- Working knowledge of Logical Volume Manager (LVM) file systems.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (bash, perl, python).
- Minimum 5+ years of systems administration experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of virtualization technologies and/or cloud platforms experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related field, preferred.
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster protocols.
- Excellent customer service and administrative skills with a can-do attitude.
- Computer literacy with MS Office products, and ability to learn and support proprietary software.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks.
- Team oriented mindset, with a strong sense of care and urgency.
- Desire to embrace our core values: Client Focus, Results, Responsibility & Accountability, Collaboration, and Innovation.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Job Family IT Operations, Administration, & Support
- Job Function IT Services
- Pay Type Salary
- 6 Penn Center Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15205, USA