Aires (www.aires.com) has been providing best-in-class relocation management services for over 40 years and is a recognized industry leader in delivering high quality relocation and assignment management services to leading corporations.
Aires' Innovative Technologies team is creating solutions that mobilize the modern workforce. Our technology enables our customer services teams, our clients, and their employees, as well as our partners to deliver exceptional, industry-leading service.
- An award-winning technology platform, built in-house, that aligns with the future state of Global Mobility
- A strong Aires brand consistently ranked among the mobility industry's highest annual customer-satisfaction scores and a client retention rate of over 98%
- A financially stable organization with a history of 15%-20% organic annual growth
- A high internal promotion rate and a full benefits package including a 401K match
An excellent career opportunity is available for a Software Product Owner in our Aires Pittsburgh, PA office. We are crafting the next generation of digital mobility management tools and looking for a Product Owner who working side-by-side with R&D, UX, Design, QA, Documentation, Support, Training, Solution Architecture, and Sales to build software products that solve user pain points and that work for the business.
The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile Team who is responsible for maximizing the value delivered by the team and ensuring that the Team Backlog is aligned with customer and stakeholder needs. For more details about the responsibilities of this role as per Scaled Agile, Inc. © SAFe, refer to this link.
This is a full-time position at our corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA (Robinson Township), reporting to Aires Group Product Manager.
You might be right for this role if:
- You’re a critical thinker, willing to listen carefully, unafraid to ask probing questions, have a knack for attention to details and able to identify the end user needs and articulate to the technical team
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, comfortable managing multiple initiatives, capable of consistently achieving results on time, to spec, within budget, able to prioritize and execute tasks under pressure
- You’re always learning, seeking to expand your knowledge of the business, process, people, and technology
- You are consistent and process oriented, understanding that this approach is what sets up both you and your documentation up for success throughout the lifecycle of a product
- You love working in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Apply the understanding of business drivers and engage stakeholders for input and feedback for developing new Aires IT software solutions or enhance the existing ones, as appropriate
- Serve as the customer proxy by understanding key business objectives and product strategy
- Collaborate with business and technical subject matter experts to understand the needs, obtain necessary sign offs and approvals, create high level product specification specs (Business Requirement Documents, Product Requirements Documents) etc.
- Communicate the business needs and technical solutions in a clear and unambiguous way to the stakeholders and teams
- Work with the teams throughout all phases of the product lifecycle to aid in deliverables meeting scope, schedule, budget, and quality expectations. Manage the schedule, risks, issues, decisions, and dependencies related to deliverables
- Act as a voice of customer and subject matter expert for the Agile Scrum Teams. Utilize agile tools and resources to manage, track and report work progress
- Create Epics, Features and User Stories with a clear and unambiguous Acceptance Criteria, ensuring that they clearly communicate customer/stakeholder needs to the development teams; work with teams to clarify and refine the requirements as necessary
- Work with the stakeholders and agile teams to define, refine, and prioritize the product backlog
- Assess business value and prioritize all stories in the product/iteration backlog to ensure that the work focuses on those with maximum value that align with product strategy
- Verify and Accept (or reject) the work delivered by the agile teams. Support the Acceptance Criteria Driven Development by example
- Participate in and prepare for SAFe Agile ceremonies like, Iteration planning, Refinement, Program Increment Planning, Iteration/system demos, Retros, Inspect and Adapt sessions etc.
- Collaborate with User Experience and Design team to ensure that software solution under the development offers an intuitive, user friendly and efficient user experience to the targeted user personas
- Understand and support inter-team dependencies, escalate issues when necessary and resolve them
- Work with the team(s) to collaborate, set and communicate release schedules, dates, and scope
- Work with Team Members to ensure the IT products are delivered successfully and they continue to work as expected in production
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the management
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, IT, or technology disciplines. Master's degree is preferred
- Two (2) or more years of experience working as a product owner, product manager or a project manager in an agile software development product team, preferably using SAFe agile framework
- Knowledge of SaaS software, including Web and Mobile interfaces, with solid understating of related software development life cycle tools, and processes
- Excellent communication – written and verbal – and the ability to modulate your communication appropriately for a broad range of audiences (senior leadership to development teams)
- Confirmed analytical skills with experience of turning data into meaningful insights.
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Product Management practices and philosophy
- Expert in Product Management tools like
- JIRA, Confluence, Monday, Aha! etc.
- Expert in using MS Office products, and with ability to learn and grasp complex proprietary software solutions
- Has a customer-centric approach combined with a curiosity for technology, data-enabled decision making and fulfillment platform strategy
- Proven experience building trust and collaborating with cross-functional partners to achieve a common objective
- Proven track record to work autonomously while also taking ownership for actions and results
- SAFe 5.1 Product Owner Product Manager (POPM) certification, is preferred
- Excellent customer service and administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Can-do attitude
- Genuine desire to help others
- Team oriented mindset, with a strong sense of care and urgency
- Desire to embrace our core values: Client Focus, Results, Responsibility & Accountability, Collaboration, and Innovation.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Pay Type Salary
- 6 Penn Center Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15205, USA