Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Aires (www.aires.com) has been providing best-in-class relocation management services for 40 years and is a recognized industry leader in delivering high quality relocation and assignment management services to leading corporations.
Aires' Innovative Technologies team is creating technologies that mobilize the modern workforce. Our technology enables our customer services teams, our clients, and their employees, as well as our partners to deliver exceptional, industry-leading service.
- An award-winning technology platform, built in-house, that aligns with the future state of Global Mobility
- A strong Aires brand consistently ranked among the mobility industry's highest annual customer-satisfaction scores and a client retention rate of over 98%
- A financially stable organization with a history of 15%-20% organic annual growth
- A high internal promotion rate and a full benefits package including a 401K match
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test who would lead test automation initiatives and help determine best practices and direction. This includes creating automated test cases, test suite kick-off, code best practices, and mentoring other SDET team members. The Senior SDET works closely with developers and DevSecOps to ensure the automated test suite is stable and robust.
The Senior SDET will work with the QA Manager to develop a UI and API automated test strategy, process, and best practices. The focus will then be to work with the SDET team to ensure that process and strategy is adhered to and suggest changes or improvements. The Senior SDET will also write UI Automated tests and help mentor junior SDETs.
This is a full-time position at our corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA (Robinson Township).
- Designs, develops, and executes auto test case and suites
- Creates Automated Tests to perform functional, regression, compatibility and integration
- Creates methods and internal tools to help increase the inefficiency of the SDET Team
- Maintains a suite of regression tests including UI and API automation
- Collaborates with the developers, DevSecOps, and manual QA for Automated Tests and backend setup. Participate in design and requirement discussions to help guide the solution
- Perform peer reviews of test scripts
- Provides automated test system set up support. Diagnoses severity of problems and takes a leadership role in problem resolution to ensure stability of the automated test system
- Analyzes specifications to gain a full understanding of system requirements
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to management
- 2 year degree in Computer Science or an equivalent study, or equivalent experience
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or an equivalent study preferred
- 4 or more years of Development or SDET experience using programmatic as opposed to recording tools
- Ensuring Data and System consistency for automated tests
- Prior use of Bug Tracking Systems
- Familiarity with different types of testing (black box, functional, regression, sanity, compatibility, integration, stress, load)
- Experience with the following is preferred: load & performance testing, mobile testing
- Nice to have skills: DDT, WCAG, GDPR/PII
- Good coding knowledge, preferably in an OOD Language.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL from a tool and programming perspective
- Strong knowledge of UFT, Selenium, RFT or other UI automation screen scraping tools
- Familiar with the software development process (SDLC) lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of API testing using tools like Postman, JMeter
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work occasional overtime for critical software releases
- Good knowledge of Git/GitHub
- Programmatic and Object Repository object recognition
- Cucumber or Strong BDD knowledge
- Excellent customer service and administrative skills
- Computer literacy with MS Office products, and ability to grasp proprietary software
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Can-do attitude
- Genuine desire to help others
- Team oriented mindset, with a strong sense of care and urgency
- Desire to embrace our core values: Client Focus, Results, Responsibility & Accountability, Collaboration and Innovation.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Pay Type Salary
- 6 Penn Center Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15205, USA