Team Lead, Mobility
Aires (www.aires.com) has been providing best-in-class relocation management services for 40 years and is a recognized industry leader in delivering high quality relocation and assignment management services to leading corporations.
- An award-winning technology platform, built in-house, that aligns with the future state of Global Mobility
- A strong Aires brand consistently ranked among the mobility industry's highest annual customer-satisfaction scores and a client retention rate of over 98%
- A financially stable organization with a history of 15%-20% organic annual growth
- A high internal promotion rate and a full benefits package including a 401K match
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Team Lead, Mobility reporting to Aires West Coast region.
This exciting opportunity is in a high growth environment where you will utilize your relocation industry experience to communicate with relocating transferees, the client, internal support team members and all service providers while managing a team of Mobility Specialists.
- Manages household goods shipments and family services
- Consults with corporate clients and manages VIP moves
- Explains and administers policy benefits
- Manages a team of employees, serving as a role model and demonstrating the Aires' way
- Performs Manager’s ASSIST for assigned team members on a regular basis
- Leads training and acts as a subject matter expert
- Conducts user acceptance testing for process enhancements/technology development
- Serves as change champion and trains other staff members on process enhancements
- Coaches and counsels staff towards improved performance
- Conducts annual performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Interviews and screens applicants for open positions and participates in selection process
- Responds to after-hours issues and problems and escalates to appropriate parties
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a mobility consultant role.
- Previous management experience in relocation industry
- Skilled at establishing clear directions and communicating clearly.
- Must have served as a mentor and a coach
- Must be comfortable and have experience presenting to a group
- Excellent customer service and administrative skills
- Computer literacy with MS Office products, and ability to grasp proprietary software
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Can-do attitude
- Genuine desire to help others
- Team oriented mindset, with a strong sense of care and urgency
- Desire to embrace our core values: Client Focus, Results, Responsibility & Accountability, Collaboration and Innovation.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Pay Type Salary
- Denver, CO, USA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Seattle, WA, USA