AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at http://www.advansix.com.
Seeking a highly motivated senior analytical chemist to work in a 24/7 unionized, in-process, finished product, and environmental testing laboratory for AdvanSix’ s Nylon manufacturing plant located in Chester, Virginia. The senior analytical chemist job primarily consists of: (1) Supervising laboratory technicians performing analytical testing, ensuring their compliance with all safety procedures, and validating their results. (2) Providing troubleshooting and maintenance support for all laboratory instrumentation. (3) Providing analytical and technical support for both internal and external customers. (4) Ensuring compliance with our ISO-9001:2015 quality management system and RC-14001. (5) Developing, validating, and implementing new or improved analysis methods. (6) Implementing the Advansix Operating System and safety programs.
The successful candidate must be familiar with a wide array of quantitative chemical analysis techniques – to include instrumental, wet chemistry, and sampling techniques. Serious candidates will provide supporting evidence of Quality system implementation and maintenance, hands on experience with common laboratory equipment and data collection software for chromatographs, spectrophotometers, autotitrators, etc. Competent individuals must be computer literate and demonstrate mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of B.S. in Chemistry (M.S. in Chemistry preferred).
- 8-10 years of industrial analytical chemistry laboratory experience including quantitative organic/inorganic chemical analysis.
- Six Sigma green belt certification.
- 5-7 years of Quality program implementation and maintenance.
- Experience with working in and maintaining a laboratory accreditation (such as NELAP) by outside agencies.
- Subject matter expert on one or more complex laboratory analytical techniques, including wet chemical method, ISE usage, operation of pilot units, specialized chromatographic techniques, ICP-AES or ICP/MS, and safe and accurate sampling techniques for gas, liquids, and solids.
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices and the ability to implement safety programs and policies as needed for self and direct reports.
- Ability to address internal and external customer concerns effectively and efficiently.
- Proven track record of method development, documentation, and validation.
- Ability to lead or direct complex troubleshooting efforts both within the laboratory setting and while serving on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to implement complex projects/programs with limited supervision.
- Ability to effectively and indirectly lead and hold accountable hourly workforce within a unionized setting.
- Ability to mentor less senior chemists and engineers in chemical knowledge and analytical metrology.
- Posses a detailed understanding of lab operations, finances, and demonstrate good business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with production/process engineers to improve plant processes, implement new processes, implement online analysis, and improve environmental and/or safety compliance.
- Ability to act as interim Quality Assurance Leader when needed.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Job Family SC01 - ISC Non-Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Chester, VA, USA