Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Specialist
AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at http://www.advansix.com.
The E&I Specialist works closely with craftspeople, maintenance/reliability engineers, operating area personnel, and all levels of the Maintenance organization to ensure the safe, profitable, and reliable operation of the plant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform SME duties to support crafts for PM's, repairs, and modifications to all classes of E&I assets
- Provide technical assistance to the E&I Technicians and contractors, as needed
- Lead E&I equipment
- Assist E&I technicians with motor or infrared analysis and condition monitoring data interpretation, recommend actions based on these analyses
- Provide analysis of failed equipment to determine and eliminate cause(s)
- Participate in Reliability-focused Failure Modes and Effects Analyses teams where appropriate
- Draft electrical and instrumentation job plans for specific repair and inspection activities (outages, PM's, calibrations, etc.).
- Identify and interface with preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists, and technical support consultants
- Provide guidance on new E&I equipment technology, plant standards and drawing updates
- Maintain and update maintenance documentation (e.g. repair reports, bill of materials, upgrade recommendations) for critical plant equipment.
- Actively participate in
- Participate in all aspects of AdvanSix Operating Systems
- Ability to perform physical tasks in an industrial plant environment including, but not limited to climbing ladders and performing confined space entries
- 5+ years of experience in electrical supply and distribution, instrumentation, and control equipment maintenance, p
- High school degree or GED
- Strong problem solving and
- Knowledge of electrical systems
- Working knowledge of PLCs, DCS, etc.
- Familiarity interpreting and applying industry standards and best practices related to electrical or instrumentation equipment
- Experience with Root Cause Failure Analysis and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented individual with proven success working independently and in a multi-functional team environment
- Excellent organizational, planning, and verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Able to use influence to accomplish goals and objectives
- Hands-on experience using SAP work management system and Meridium/APM
- Experience with maintenance work execution/supervision in a unionized environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Job Family SC01 - ISC Non-Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Chester, VA, USA