AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at http://www.advansix.com.
· Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair:
o Electronic, electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and systems (i.e. transmitters, switches, analyzers, control valves, relays, etc.)
o Automated control systems (PLC/DCS), discrete input/output devices, communication systems, and computer workstations
o Wide variety of instruments including pH, conductivity, ultrasonic, guided wave radar, mass flow, pressure transducers, RTDs, nuclear levels, etc
o Chart recorders, digital displays, gauges
o Piping, tubing, and wiring connections, pneumatic control systems
o Low-voltage wiring systems
o Electric heating and HVAC controls
o Security and surveillance systems
o Instrument enclosures and wiring systems
· Performing and documenting instrument calibrations
· Performing and documenting preventive maintenance (PM) activities for instrumentation equipment.
· Supporting job plan and shop paper development.
· Interfacing with equipment manufacturers, specialists, and technical support consultants.
· Updating maintenance documentation for critical plant equipment.
· Providing daily support to all plant operations in order to continue 24/7 operations
· Performing scheduled and non-scheduled work orders
· Communicating with planners and ordering non-stock parts
· Looking up, reading, and understanding manuals, schematics, and P&ID’s
· Willing to work overtime when required
· Ability to perform physical tasks in an industrial plant environment including, but not limited to climbing ladders and performing confined space entries
· Willing and able to be trained and learn new technologies as the skills of an Instrument Mechanic advance with new technologies and applications
· Ability to work independently and in a multi-functional team environment
· Additional responsibilities as needed
· Associates Degree in Instrumentation
· 2 years of experience in Instrumentation and Controls installation, troubleshooting, and repair in a Chemical Plant, Refinery, or similar Industrial environment
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Working knowledge of PLCs, DCS, etc.
· Knowledge of instrumentation design, selection, repair techniques and performance assessment
· Well-rounded field experience applying good engineering practices to instrumentation repair work for a variety of typical process plant equipment
· Self-motivated and goal-oriented individual with proven success working independently and in a multi-functional team environment
· Ability to lift and move objects that weigh up to 50 lbs., and exert up to 75 pounds pull
· Ability to wear protective equipment for extended periods such as hard hats, goggles, gloves, ear plugs, safety glasses, hot suits, etc.
· Ability to work with hazardous materials
· Ability to work alone and in isolated areas, work around hot surfaces and high temperatures
· Ability to work at elevated heights - greater than 50 feet, and in confined spaces with appropriate PPE
· Required to work on uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces and in adverse weather conditions (cold, hot, humid, rain, snow, etc.)
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Job Family SC00 - ISC Chesterfield
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chester, VA, USA