AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at http://www.advansix.com.
- Interpreting technical drawings and recreating piping details in shop and field
- Within capabilities, bolting, clamping and welding together metal components of products such as piping systems, plate, pipe and tube or structural shapes, using arc and gas welding equipment
- May be welding in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position
- Removing, fabricating and welding in fixed equipment repair panels
- Within capabilities, performs welding repairs to boiler and exchanger tubes and tube sheets
- Selecting type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, according to job specifications
- Within capabilities, selecting equipment, execute layouts, and applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal, weld shrinkage and welding techniques
- High School Diploma or GED
- Licensed Journeyman-level pipefitter/welder or successful completion of state certified apprenticeship program or equivalent relative craft
- 5 year of industrial experience
- 5 years pipefitting and/or welding experience
- Knowledge of the tools, principles, methods, and techniques used in the pipefitting and welding trades
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and ability to comply with OSHA procedures
- Ability to perform minor rigging an signaling of cranes
- Ability to operate and maintain grinding equipment
- Ability to fabricate and roll plate
- Ability to read and interpret structural and isometric drawings
- Ability to perform basic math computations
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Job Family SC00 - ISC Chesterfield
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chester, VA, USA