Chemical Loading Operator
AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at http://www.advansix.com.
· Adhere to standard work and standard operating procedures to ensure unit safety, quality and production goals are met.
· Responsible for safely operating material handling equipment
· Ability to handle changing priorities
· Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Computer competency
· Chemical and/or Industrial work environment experience
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to load and unload bulk liquid chemical trucks and rail cars
· Ability to operate a fork truck
· Ability to perform the physical labor associated with the job
· Possess a strong work ethic and initiative to learn processes
· Ability to work at elevated heights - greater than 50 feet
· Comfortable entering and working in confined spaces
· Demonstrated ability to deliver a safe work space based on following standard work
· Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and take corrective action within an industrial setting
· Advanced troubleshooting skills
· The ability to handle and work with highly hazardous chemical intermediates
· Ability to wear and work in full body PPE (personal protection equipment) which includes acid suit (acid jacket & acid pants) – full face respirator & hood
· Demonstrated ability to communicate through multiple layers of an organization.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Job Family SC00 - ISC Hopewell South
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hopewell, VA 23860, USA