South Side Materials Handler - Hopewell
AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at http://www.advansix.com.
AdvanSix in Hopewell, Virginia has an opening for a Material Handler. This position receives work assignments from the area chief who is responsible for the direction and assignments of job tasks associated with the cleaning and loading of Ammonium Sulfate hopper cars. In addition, individuals assigned to Building 12 may be re-assigned to other service group sections according to need in the south section of the facility. Assignments will include but are not limited to the following:
- Hopper car dry cleaning and inspection.
- Hopper car washing and inspection.
- Silo hopper car loading
- Hopper car loading operation (cage operator) Utilizing EL-8 elevator.
- Hopper car placement utilizing payloaders.
- Ammonium sulfate cleaning and housekeeping in B-12 and B-12A and related areas.
- Rejected hopper car unloading.
- CO-4/CO-4A/EL-8 pit cleaning.
- CO-180/CO-181 system cleaning.
- Overweight and underweight hopper car weight adjustments.
- Payloader inspections and general payloader operation.
- Pneumatic and manual hopper gate opener operation.
- Snow removal (Plant wide) including the use of pay loaders, shovels and other equipment.
- Bobcat and forklift operation
- Customer truck and North side truck loading.
- Trash compactor operation and cleaning.
- Silo truck loading
- Bulk tote loading
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job related equipment.
- Support and enforce all corporate, facility and department policies.
- Subject to 12-hour rotating shifts.
- To be successful in this position you must rate highly in the following capabilities or traits: Interpersonal skills, attention to detail, follow directions, comprehension, reading, writing, speaking, mathematics, organizing and innovation.
- Must be flexible to changing priorities and willing to handle emergencies
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer competency
- Must have a valid driver's license
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Job Family SC00 - ISC Hopewell South
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hopewell, VA 23860, USA