Mechanical Equipment Reliability Engineer
AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at http://www.advansix.com.
This position provides mentoring and technical guidance to maintenance engineers along with working closely with Maintenance leadership and first line supervisors, operating area personnel, project engineers and personnel throughout the plant to ensure the safe, profitable, and reliable operation of the plant.
- Perform SME duties for fixed equipment (vessels, tanks, piping) equipment to support maintenance engineers and mechanical crafts
- Provide assistance to Maintenance and Operations with equipment performance troubleshooting as required
- Identify and interface with preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists, and technical support consultants.
- Design field repairs and modifications to all classes of mechanical equipment and piping systems.
- Provide analysis of failed equipment to determine and eliminate cause(s).
- Advise on proper execution & documentation of inspection, repair, & preventive maintenance (PM) activities. Where necessary support job plan & shop paper development in support these activities.
- Develop, maintain and update maintenance and reliability documentation (e.g. repair reports, bill of materials, upgrade recommendations) for critical plant equipment.
- Oversee Mechanical Integrity and Process Safety Valve inspection programs for the site
- Review and implement Reliability Control Plans for numerous equipment classes to drive long-term improvements in reliability and operational performance.
- Assist contract vibration technicians and maintenance engineers with rotating equipment vibration analysis, condition monitoring data interpretation and recommended actions.
- Support new equipment installation and upgrade by ensuring design-for-maintainability and design-for-reliability concerns are incorporated into capital projects.
- Ability to perform physical tasks in an industrial plant environment including, but not limited to climbing ladders and performing confined space entries.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years chemical/petrochemical plant maintenance and/or reliability engineering experience
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment design, selection, repair techniques and performance assessment.
- Well-rounded field experience applying reliability engineering principals to mechanical repair work for a variety of process plant equipment.
- Practical experience facilitating Root Cause Failure Analysis and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis utilizing industry standard tools.
- Familiarity interpreting and applying industry design, repair and installation standards and best practices to mechanical equipment.
- Certification(s) related to vibration analysis
- Certifications(s) related to pressure vessels and piping
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented individual with proven success working independently and in a multi-functional team environment.
- Excellent organizational, planning and verbal/written communication skills.
- Knowledge of engineering materials and corrosion science as related to equipment reliability.
- Hands-on experience using SAP work management system or similar.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified.
- Experience with maintenance work execution/supervision in a unionized environment
- Working knowledge of drafting and project planning software (e.g. AutoCAD, Visio, MS Project, Primavera, etc.).
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite of software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with APM Meridium software
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Job Family SC02 - ISC Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Chester, VA, 4101 Bermuda Hundred Road, Chesterfield, Virginia, United States of America