Production Engineer 2
AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at http://www.advansix.com.
Position Summary: The Production Engineer is responsible for supporting plant operations in meeting daily KPIs by providing troubleshooting, rapid problem solving, and process improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitor production in terms of quality, yield throughout cycle times, process parameters, and safety and environmental regulations
· Complete work using the fundamentals of process simulation with simulation program(s)
· Design a range of unit operations including reaction, distillation, refrigeration, fired heaters, and heat exchangers
· Interact with the operating personnel and other departments to facilitate production, process trouble-shooting, and equipment maintenance
· Provide integrations of manufacturing input for safety, quality, reliability, and operability into design
· Perform process engineering calculations and comprehend PI&D drawings for the purposes of trouble-shooting and process modifications
· Bachelor’s degree in chemical or mechanical engineering
· 2+ years of experience in process, production, and/or manufacturing engineering
· Experience in Petrochemical/chemical-based manufacturing such as ammonia, urea, methanol, etc. preferred
· Ability to be self-directed in managing multiple priorities
· Experience with process simulation tools such as ASPEN, HTRI, and pipe hydraulics programs
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization and ability to work in a team environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Job Family SC02 - ISC Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Chester, VA, 4101 Bermuda Hundred Road, Chesterfield, Virginia, United States of America