Health, Safety and Environmental Director
AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people’s lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at http://www.advansix.com.
Position Summary: The Health, Safety and Environmental Director is responsible for the HSE (Health, Safety, and Environmental) organization and programs at AdvanSix.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop the HSE Strategy and engage with the HSE teams the development of risk reduction for AdvanSix while enabling business growth
· Act as a key partner in developing HSE strategy and budget and driving HSE work processes across the business
· Ensure the company HSE management systems are aligned and delivering compliance with emerging regulations and corporate requirements
· Effectively implement the HSE management operating system, meeting audit requirements and ensuring sustainable continuous improvement delivering risk reduction
· Leads HSE across the business including operations, technology, field services, and office environments
· Responsible for training, developing, and growing HSE talent and capability
· Support business growth strategy throughout all stages of execution
· Assist with the development and maintenance of Business Continuity and Risk Management model
· Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, chemistry, or related science field; master’s degree preferred
· Six sigma Greenbelt certification preferred
· 10+ years of progressive experience in HSE including knowledge of global HSE framework
· Demonstrated ability to drive change and build a performance culture
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work and communicate with senior leaders
· Demonstrated ability to positively influence others, particularly leadership
· Ability to deal tactfully and confidentially with internal and external customer
· Strong bias for action, a sense of urgency, and the ability to match critical and integrative thinking with the ability to drive results
· Ability to advocate for the right level of tension between HSE, manufacturing, and business to drive the right decisions and visibility to issues/risks
· Extensive experience in leading and managing HSE compliance, strategy development, risk analysis, compliance assessment, and auditing in a chemical manufacturing environment
Don’t meet every single requirement? At AdvanSix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Job Family SC03 - ISC HSE
- Pay Type Salary
- Chester, VA, USA
- Frankford, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Hopewell, VA 23860, USA
- Parsippany, Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ 07054, USA
- Philadelphia, PA, 2501 Margaret Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Richmond, VA, USA