Crayola Experience Entertainment Performer (PT)
Bloomington, MN, USA Req #87
Wednesday, July 27, 2022
PURPOSE: To create an innovative and fun family entertainment utilizing specialized skills and abilities to ensure a positive guest experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Entertain Crayola and Mall of America guests in a professional manner
- Provide outstanding internal and external guest service
- Support the Crayola brand's educational mission to use the arts as a tool for intellectual and emotional development of children
- Facilitate and perform the crayon manufacturing process & Café stage Shows to CE guests.
- Perform to highest standards and act appropriately for family audiences
- Ensure that the Crayola crayon materials are well stocked and in working order for next show.
- Safely operate machinery and learn to troubleshoot and make minor adjustments to ensure quality products are being produced.
- Contact Maintenance technician when mechanical assistance is required and inform supervisor of status.
- Facilitates art projects and activities with guests
- Assists in workshops, special events and outreach activities as needed
- Interacts with guests wearing Crayola mascot characters (Tip & Pip)
- Maintain cleanliness of work environments
- Regular, reliable and consistent attendance
- Cover other attraction locations as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage guests, children and families in an upbeat, positive manner.
- Prior experience in a museum, educational setting, guest service center or family attraction helpful.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with guests
- Represent Crayola Experience and Mall of America with highest degree of professionalism
- Able to work within the character costume, ie: not claustrophobic or overly sensitive to excessive heat.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Stand/move about --Frequently
- Kneel/crouch-- Occasionally
- Reach at or above shoulder level -- Frequently
- Reach at or below shoulder level -- Frequently
- Handle/lift large items such as boxes or packages - Occasionally
- Bend/stoop/squat -- Frequently
- Repetitive motion -- Occasionally
- Job Family MOA
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bloomington, MN, USA