Crayola Experience Attractions Team Lead (PT)
PURPOSE: To responsibly direct the daily activities of the Crayola associates and provide exceptional guest service to all guests at Mall of America. To maintain welcoming and inviting locations and support the Attractions team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Present positive and professional attitude towards guests and team members.
- Support the Crayola brand's educational mission to use the arts as a tool for intellectual and emotional development of children
- Serves as initial contact to problem solve guest issues and escalating guest concerns as appropriate.
- Assist and guide Crayola team members to ensure they are providing excellent guest service and are following policy guidelines.
- Monitors entertainment and attraction activities with guests to facilitate areas according to guest volume.
- Monitor retail store and F&B locations for cleanliness and proper inventory levels.
- Prepares and maintains attraction, retail, f&b and entertainment related materials, monitors inventory levels to ensure the facility does not run out of supplies and works with the managers to replenish when necessary.
- Ensures all areas are adequately prepared for optimal daily operation as it relates to service excellence, safety and cleanliness, including communicating maintenance needs.
- Manages special events and content classes for groups and marketing promotions.
- Assists with scheduling character appearances and maintains all character costumes.
- Assists with daily rotation schedules for staff.
- Assist supervisors by resolving minor team member concerns, ensure breaks are taken on time, report violations of grooming standards and other policies and procedures.
- Assign daily tasks and projects to team members.
- Train new and existing team members on proper procedure.
- Responsible for receiving new merchandise- communicating with warehouse regarding discrepancies.
- Monitor inventory, work with supervisors to request product from warehouse or vendors.
- Ensure backrooms are organized to maximize stocking capabilities.
- Explain and enforce ticket policies for Crayola Experience and other attractions.
- Ensure overall cleanliness and safety of the work area.
- May provide support in other work areas as needed.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior retail experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a museum, educational setting, guest service center or family attraction helpful.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computers preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with guests, both internal and external.
- Ability to resolve and remedy guest concerns.
- Interpersonal skills -- working alone and with a team.
- Outstanding guest service skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Previous point of sale and cash handling experience.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Stand and move -- Frequently
- Perform repetitive motion (using keyboard/touch screen) -- Frequently
- Kneel and bend -- Occasionally
- Reach at or below shoulder level -- Frequently
- Reach at or above shoulder level -- Frequently
- Stoop/squat -- Occasionally
- Lift/Carry up to 10 lbs -- Frequently
- Lift/Carry up to 30 lbs -- Occasionally
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs -- Infrequently
- Handle larger items such as boxes or packages -- Frequently
- Job Family MOA
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bloomington, MN, USA