Regional Sales Director
Minneapolis, MN, USA Req #1336
Tuesday, November 29, 2022
ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What you will do:
- Responsibilities will include managing a significant opportunity pipeline to guarantee success and regional growth.
- Maintain sales staff and their professional and technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Assist sales representatives with maintaining customer relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Maintain and expand customer base by counseling the Territory Manager and VCI teams; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Lead sales team through communication of performance expectations, providing direct support as needed to sales staff through participation in sales calls or related activities, coaching sales staff to enhance their effectiveness, and holding them accountable for results.
- Use Salesforce and other internal solutions to effectively to manage and document activities & opportunities.
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs, and call on customers in an effort to develop new business.
- Work with SVP of Sales and Marketing in planning sales and promotions. Establish sales objectives by directing sales forecasting activities and setting performance goals to increase auction business. Represent ACV at trade association meetings and deliver sales presentations to key clients.
- Meet or exceed assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue sales goals as set by the region and or division
- Build trusted relationships with decision makers at the dealership; Dealer Principals, Controllers, and General Managers
- Travel approximately 50% through the territory.
- Prepare and present monthly/quarterly sales reports and submit your findings and analysis to senior executives.
What you will need:
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of proven field sales leadership experience and/or one year of demonstrated Sales success as an employee with ACV is required.
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Automotive Retail/Wholesale, preferably Auto B2B sales
- Management experience of field reps selling into dealerships
- 4-year degree (preferred)
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills
- Able to operate independently
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
For information on our collection and use of your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function OST Mgmt
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Minneapolis, MN, USA