Assistant Chief Power Engineer
Westmoreland - Estevan Mine, 34V7+CF, Estevan, Saskatchewan, Canada Req #299
Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Reporting to the Chief Power Engineer, this position is responsible for supervising and maintaining production in the Activated Carbon plant.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the chief power engineer to ensure all pressure vessel operations, repairs, and alterations are in compliance with the TSASK Boiler and Pressure Vessel regulations.
- Assume the duties of the Chief Power Engineer as required.
- Provide technical assistance and supervision of the Activated Carbon plant to achieve production goals within the statutory requirements of the OH&S Act, Mines and Environmental regulations, and TSASK requirements.
- Actively develop the employee skills that are necessary to safely and efficiently operate and maintain the Activated Carbon plant to produce a quality product.
- Provide training and evaluation of 2nd and 3rd Class shift engineers.
- Carry out regular inspections; and
- Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2nd Class Power Engineer Certificate, ability to obtain a 1st class certificate within 3 years.
- Strong computer skills
- Previous supervisory skills
- Excellent work ethic with proven positive work performance
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Saskatchewan OH&S Regulations and the Boiler & Pressure Vessel Act & Regulations
- Other combinations of skills, education and experience will be considered
- Pay Type Salary
- Westmoreland - Estevan Mine, 34V7+CF, Estevan, Saskatchewan, Canada