General Maintenance - 150018 Journeyman H.D. Mechanic
Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic is responsible for the mechanical repaid and maintenance of a variety of heavy mobile equipment, the mining equipment, the rail locomotive, rolling stock and vehicles assigned to the shift in a continuous mining setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose all malfunctions and carry out planned and period safety and preventative maintenance inspections and servicing.
- Repair gasoline and diesel engines, transmissions, differentials, planetary drives, and any hydraulic and air actuated equipment, etc.
- Repair track and align wheels and frames, replace brake linings, perform motor tune-ups, repair and replace vehicle electrical apparatus and accessories.
- Inspect and test repaired equipment or ensure safe and efficient operation and to assist in the investigation of accidents that may be attributed to mechanical defects.
- Perform other related and assigned duties associated with the overall mining operations, as well as provide training to apprentices.
Typical Physical Demands
Work in a safe manner at all times and be aware of environmental responsibilities in a maintenance setting. This is sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, sitting, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
Typical Working Conditions
Shop environment and field work. Environment is susceptible to the weather as a combination of indoor and outdoor work is required. The position involves a shift rotation.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience in the mining industry preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Licenses, Registration, and Certifications
- Valid 3A License endorsement required with no restrictions.
- Saskatchewan or interprovincial journeyman heavy duty mechanic certificate.
- Problem Solving.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Westmoreland - Poplar River Mine, 6G7H+3C, Coronach, Saskatchewan, Canada