RC Project Management ESTIMATOR
We are seeking an experienced Estimator with heavy civil construction and/or environmental remediation experience. This position will be responsible for the development of detailed cost estimates for heavy civil projects, often in remote locations, with remediation components. However, previous remediation experience is not required.
This position can be considered working remote, allowing the candidate to successfully execute projects and daily tasks without needing to commute to an office each day.
HCSS HeavyBid software experience is a preferred, experience with data based construction estimating software is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and comprehend RFPs, construction specifications and drawings, and supporting documents
- Some travel to attend pre-bid meetings and/or site visits
- Prepare material, labor, and equipment cost estimates
- Participate in developing competitive technical and construction approaches
- Conduct complex alternative risk analysis
- Develop a detailed basis of estimate with production rates, durations, and sequencing
- Complete detailed quantity take-offs
- Solicitation of quotes for material, equipment, and subcontractors
- Calculate production rates of needed labor, equipment, and materials
- Preparation of Critical Path Method (CPM) and resource loaded schedules
- Participate in bid reviews
- Organize and compile cost estimating documentation to support field construction execution
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field is preferred, but not required
- Ten years minimum of civil construction or environmental remediation experience
- HAZWOPER and OSHA training preferred
- Proficient in HeavyBid or other data base estimating construction software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Professionalism and ethical conduct in building relationships with senior management and other colleagues, vendors, subcontractors and clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and balance multiple projects at once
- Team-player with strong leadership, negotiation, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to clients
- Field experience preferred
- Some travel required
- Previous mining experience, especially working on steep grades is a plus, but not required.
- Pay Type Salary
- 316 Georgia Ave, Deer Park, TX 77536, USA