Medical - SC - Medical Assistant- Per Diem
Thundermist's Mission - To improve the health of our patients and communities by delivering exceptional health care, removing barriers to that care, and advancing healthy lifestyles.
Please note, effective September 1,2021, all Thundermist employees are required to have an initial dose of vaccine to prevent Covid-19. Effective October 1, 2021, all employees of RI licensed health care facilities must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Employees may be deemed exempt from this requirement based on documentation from their health care provider.
- Responsible to ensure all charts and forms for the office visit are ready for the provider, i.e. encounter form, chart forms, labs, and appointment list.
- Receive patients and take their vital signs, Wt, BP, HT pulse, temp. obtaining patient history/reason for visit, assisting the patient in case management as needed.
- Obtain need for medication refills; and record patient data in charts.
- Perform routine diagnostic tests per THA protocol.
- Responsible for assisting in answering calls for their provider and taking accurate messages.
- May assist the provider with phone calls as needed.
- Prepare patients for examinations and tests.
- Operate and maintain clinical equipment.
- Scrub speculums and tools, and properly sterilize them in an autoclave machine.
- Properly dispose of medical waste and sharps.
- Manage the flow of the provider.
- Assist providers in rooms as needed.
- Clean and stock rooms.
- Take inventory of medications and supplies as needed, checking expiration dates, and appropriate destruction of expired medications.
- Secure department at end of shift if last to leave; unplug equipment, lock medication cabinets, and shut off lights.
- Adhere to OSHA, JCAHO, and licensing standards
- Complete paperwork as needed.
- Maintain appropriate departmental logs as needed.
- Order paperwork/clinical supplies as needed for effective clinic flow.
- Stamp lab and outpatient pads, and HIV forms.
- Order culture supplies from the state lab as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining printer in lab, putting updated information in the chart and encounter form on top of chart for provider.
- Able to obtain lab results from LMC computer program.
- Maintain self as a well-trained, competent, efficient and committed medical assistant.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.25
- South Kingstown, RI, USA