Medical Assistant- Per Diem
Thundermist's Mission - To improve the health of our patients and communities by delivering exceptional health care, removing barriers to that care, and advancing healthy lifestyles.
Please note, effective September 1,2021, all Thundermist employees are required to have an initial dose of vaccine to prevent Covid-19. Effective October 1, 2021, all employees of RI licensed health care facilities must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Employees may be deemed exempt from this requirement based on documentation from their health care provider.
Assure all the needed preparing of the patient for the visit is done, processing patients in a timely manner, assisting with procedures, providing overall patient satisfaction, maintaining the flow of the patient visit, assuring that the environment is kept safe and clean. Pull and prepare charts as needed. Obtain test results as needed. File all appropriate paperwork in chart correctly.
- High School graduate.
- Post secondary training in Medical Assistant program is required.
- Bi-lingual desirable.
- Organizational skills.
- Computer literate desirable.
- Requires much walking, bending, and occasional lifting.
- Frequent use of the phone, writing, typing, doing vital signs and verbal communication.
- Need to be able to clean instruments appropriately and clean up waiting rooms and exam rooms as needed.
Work Schedule Demands:
Schedule may vary; one evening shift and occasional unscheduled overtime.
Communicate with patients, providers and colleagues on a daily basis. General communication over the phone and taking messages. Skill in decreasing patient stress about blood drawing an asset.
Confidentiality of Information:
Frequent access to patients’ medical records and computer information system. Confidentiality must be maintained with patients’ information at all times.
Significant Job Functions:
- Responsible to ensure all charts and forms for the office visit are ready for the provider, i.e. encounter form, chart forms, labs, and appointment list.
- Receive patients and take their vital signs, Wt, BP, HT pulse, temp. obtaining patient history/reason for visit, assisting the patient in care management as needed.
- Obtain need for medication refills; and record patient data in EMR.
- Perform routine diagnostic tests per SOP and protocol.
- Responsible for assisting in answering calls for their provider and taking accurate messages.
- May assist provider with phone calls as needed
- Prepare patients for examinations and tests.
- Operate and maintain clinical equipment
- .Scrub speculums, tools and prepare for sterilization.
- Properly dispose of medical waste and sharps.
- Manage the flow for the provider.
- Assist providers in patient rooms as needed.
- Clean and stock rooms.
- Ensure exam rooms do not have expired supplies/products.
- Adhere to HIPPA, OSHA and NCQA standards.
- Maintain appropriate departmental logs as needed
- Able to obtain clinical information from hospitals/ RIQI databases/Current Care.
- Maintain self as a well-trained, competent, efficient and committed medical assistant.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Complete yearly CLIA waived test competencies and MA annual competencies.
- Complete training and safely administer vaccines.
- Patient outreach as needed or assigned.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.25
- West Warwick, RI 02893, USA