Sales - Senior National Account Manager
The Sr. National Account Manager is an individual contributor role responsible for achieving annual volume sales and dollar profit targets with large strategic customers. This role requires experience growing large National Accounts in the distribution channel. Selling and negotiating experience with Grainger, Fastenal, Motion, MSC, Vallen and others is crucial to success in this role.
The Sr. National Account Manager will manage National Accounts at the HQ level and with top level executives in the field. They will grow revenue with program strategies that align to both Myers strategic goals and customer objectives to create long-term value.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Grow and manage large National Distribution Accounts such as Grainger.
· Pitch new categories, products, and extensions to build Myers contribution to the accounts business.
· Negotiate long term agreements that provide sustainable growth and business predictability
· Provide and communicate ROI and other metrics to demonstrate long term value, quality, and service to the customer.
· Network across the customer hierarchy to Manage all phases of the sales cycle and Customer Account Management – including strategic account planning, aid in development and commercialization of new items and execution of daily tactical activities such as: samples, input management, category management, inventory management, expenses, management of confidential information, address quality and service issues, internal/external communications, and other account management functions.
· Work closely with internal and external cross-functional stakeholders to ensure mutual needs are met.
· Work closely with Marketing and Sales Management on programs, pricing, and long-term planning.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5 plus years of sales experience, preferably in manufacturing, distribution, and food & beverage.
- Minimum of 5-year experience selling large National Distribution customers such as Grainger, Fastenal, MSC and Motion
- Experience with manufacturing/operations management a plus.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, a sales “hunter” mindset, and passion to succeed.
- Excellent project Management skills, strong attention to detail while managing complex cross functional projects.
- Strong knowledge and experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, distribution channel management, account development, and business planning.
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Experience and knowledge of partnership agreements and programming details
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with internal and external customers including key business partners and decision makers across customer’s entire organization.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques coupled with familiarity with P&L management.
- Solid computer skills with focus on Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.
- Experience using and working with a CRM system to manage accounts, opportunity pipeline, contacts and tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person.
Education and Experience
· 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
· 5+ years’ previous work experience in National Account Sales or Key Account Management with demonstrated record of growing MRO distributors.
· Proven experience networking and selling large strategic customers.
· Typical office environment
· Must reside in Cincinnati, OH or Chicagoland
· Travel up to 50%
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects.
· The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear and will occasionally be required to bend, stoop, kneel and climb stairs.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Akron, OH, USA