Buckhorn, a Myers Industries Company, is a recognized leading manufacturer of reusable packaging solutions for our customers in the automotive, manufacturing, distribution, bakery, agriculture, and food processing industries. Through customer-driven innovation and our culture of continuous improvement, Buckhorn designs products that protect the world’s best brands, improve workflow, reduce operating costs, and increase profitability for our customers. Every Buckhorn employee is empowered to contribute, innovate, and share in our customer successes.
The Production Supervisor plans, assigns, and monitors the production of product, ensuring smoother and consistent operation to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinates all activities of hourly workforce and support staff.
· Maintain department ISO 9001 quality requirements.
· Interview and recommend applicants for hire
· Plans and coordinates work; trains and motivates; monitors and evaluates performance of production molding machine employee, ensuring their ability to safely operate equipment
· Counsels, records and disciplines as necessary
· Develops Team Leads to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned employees
· Responsible for the completion of new machine startups and testing of new products by guiding team members
· Monitors and measures production against production standards for their shift
· Interaction with other departments within the facility by scheduling machinery and resources
· Responsible for monitoring, tracking, recording, and ensuring that all equipment is producing to standard cycles, weights, and quality requirements as outlined in provided work orders and BOMs
· Responsible for conducting first article inspections in accordance with provided product sketches
· Utilize and incorporate the use of 6S and 5Why strategies in the plant.
· Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Buckhorn policies and OSHA Standards
· On call 24 hours a day 7 days a week (very seldom does this happen, but always a possibility you may be required to come onsite in an emergency situation)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma/GED; required
· Associate degree preferred
· Leadership experience, 2 years (minimum) required
· Five plus years’ experience in plastic molding manufacturing; preferred
· Lean Manufacturing experience, preferred
· Desire to take on new challenges/opportunities
· Evolve through continuous improvement
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, very active environment
· Be highly self-motivated and directed
· Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, for example, accident reports, performance reviews
· Ability to speak effectively before groups (40-50 people) of customers or employees of an organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to do two mathematical operations to arrive at the solution.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables (quality issues, nperformance issues) in standardized situations (standard work practices, control policies/procedures?.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat and the risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Myers Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex,
sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Springfield, MO, USA