Maintenance Technician - Nights
Our people are the engine behind our growth, and they work to deepen our customer relationships, serve our niche industries, and drive our success. We invite you to apply and consider joining our team as we drive our business forward. We would love to have you as part of the next chapter of our growth story!
SIGN ON BONUS $2,500!!
THIS POSITION STARTS AT $30/HR+ DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE!!
*** PAID WEEKLY ***
Night Shift: 7:00 pm - 7:15 am. Week One - working 4 days (48hrs) with 3 days off; Week Two - working three (3) days (36hrs) with four (4) days off
APPROXIMATELY 15 DAYS OFF PER MONTH BY WORKING 12-HOUR SHIFTS !!
Buckhorn, a Myers Industries Company, is a recognized leading manufacturer of reusable packaging solutions for our customers in the automotive, manufacturing, distribution, bakery, agriculture, and food processing industries. Through customer-driven innovation and our culture of continuous improvement, Buckhorn designs products that protect the world’s best brands, improve workflow, reduce operating costs, and increase profitability for our customers. Every Buckhorn employee is empowered to contribute, innovate, and share in our customer successes.
The Maintenance Technician performs a wide range of mechanical and electrical work covering the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of production equipment, including plastic injection molding presses and plant systems. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of equipment and working areas. This position makes sure equipment is safely operating and meets its intended use by optimizing equipment up-time. The Maintenance Technician makes scheduled and unscheduled repairs on all machines and related equipment used in manufacturing. The position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands injection molding machine control calibration requirements and hands-on tasks for calibrations
- Provides preventative / predictive maintenance on equipment, machinery, tools and document Preventative Maintenance through the Maintenance Manager
- Successfully troubleshoots hydraulic, electric, pneumatic, mechanical and PLC problems with molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Understands repair techniques for injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment related to the industry
- Performs or assists with major job repairs to machines, equipment or components
- Submits requests to Maintenance Manager for approval and authorization of machine replacement parts, equipment or components
- Changes oil on equipment as recommended by manufacturer
- Follows all safety precautions on repairs to equipment, machinery and tools per Preventative Maintenance / OSHA requirements.
- Follows all 5S, housekeeping and company policies and procedures
- Understands hydraulic repairs; experience with electricity (A/C, D/C) and wiring; possesses intermediate plumbing skills
- Performs hydraulic repairs, such as the replacement of lines – including cylinder, pumps, motors and enclosed loop control systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work overtime as needed; must be able to work every other weekend
- High school diploma or GED; two-year technical degree a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required; two or more years maintenance experience in plastics injection molding preferred
- Experience with any of the following large tonnage plastic injection molding machines highly desired:
- Cincinnati Milacron, Husky, Mitsubishi and HPM hydraulic injection molding equipment
- Experience with CMMS Maintenance Systems is a plus
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common instructions/blueprints for Plastic Injection Molding machinery
- Must possess intermediate reading and writing skills
- Team Oriented
- Must possess strong safety work ethics
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Springfield, MO, USA