Our people are the engine behind our growth, and they work to deepen our customer relationships, serve our niche industries, and drive our success.
We invite you to apply and consider joining our team as we drive our business forward. We would love to have you as part of the next chapter of our growth story!
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for applying knowledge of manufacturing methods, engineering theory, and problem-solving techniques to improve production efficiencies, material flow, equipment performance, and related processes. The successful candidate will work closely with production, maintenance, quality and engineering teams to improve safety, quality, productivity, and reduce costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with other departments to improve safety, quality and production processes, reduce delays, reduce cost and increase efficiency.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and A-3 problem solving techniques to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability and cost effectiveness
- Identify, plan and lead cross-functional capital and operations improvement projects
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods then recommend changes in designs, tolerances or processing methods to avoid re-occurrences
- Promote decisions driven by data
- Introduce new equipment, methods, and processes to improve existing operations
- Design testing methods and calculate process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements
- Design, develop, and implement control systems to improve production cycle times, product quality, equipment performance, down-time reduction and process automation
- Utilize statistical means to optimize and improve performance
- Analyze process performance data to identify trends, runs, to reduce process variation
- Participate and contribute to the achievement of department goals including goal setting
- Identify and solve chronic/repetitive problems and failures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated success working in and/or leading cross functional teams including project management
- Proven track record of driving significant efficiency improvements and cost reduction efforts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with opposing opinions and capable of leading team towards best outcome
- Demonstrated problem solver with high degree of analytical skills
- Passionate about continuous improvement and teamwork
- Well organized self-starter skilled in time management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and computer aided design (CAD)
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Automated Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent technical education
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to interpret electrical, mechanical and hydraulic schematics
- Experience working with programmable logic controller (PLC), control logic and human machine interface (HMI) is beneficial
- Job Function Engineering Services
- Pay Type Salary
- Wadsworth, OH 44281, USA