Maintenance Technician - Night Shift
Our people are the engine behind our growth, and they work to deepen our customer relationships, serve our niche industries, and drive our success. We invite you to apply and consider joining our team as we drive our business forward. We would love to have you as part of the next chapter of our growth story!
Akro-Mils, a Myers Industries, Inc. company (NYSE: MYE), is all about storage, organization and transport solutions that increase material handling efficiency and reduce costs in any industry.
Since 1947, Akro-Mils has been the industry leader in providing plastic and metal products to solve storage and organization challenges faced by businesses and consumers.
Akro-Mils, a Myers Industries, Inc. company, is searching for a talented, results-driven Maintenance
· SIGN ON BONUS $2,500!!
*** PAID WEEKLY ***
Shift: 7:00 pm - 7:15 am. Week One - working 4 days (48hrs) with 3 days off; Week Two - working three (3) days (36hrs) with four (4) days off
APPROXIMATELY 15 DAYS OFF PER MONTH IF YOU WORK THE 12-HOUR SHIFT !!
The Maintenance Technician performs a wide range of mechanical and electrical work covering the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of production equipment, including plastic injection molding presses and plant systems. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of equipment and working areas. This position makes sure equipment is safely operating and meets its intended use by optimizing equipment up-time. The Maintenance Technician makes scheduled and unscheduled repairs on all machines and related equipment used in manufacturing. The position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides preventative / predictive maintenance on equipment, machinery, tools and document Preventative Maintenance
- Successfully troubleshoots hydraulic, electric, pneumatic, mechanical and PLC problems
- Understands troubleshooting and repair techniques
- Performs or assists with major job repairs to machines, equipment or components
- Changes oil on equipment as recommended by manufacturer
- Follows all safety precautions on repairs to equipment, machinery and tools per Preventative Maintenance / OSHA requirements.
- Follows all 5S, housekeeping and company policies and procedures
- Understands hydraulic repairs; experience with electricity (A/C, D/C) and wiring; possesses intermediate plumbing skills
- Performs hydraulic repairs, such as the replacement of lines – including cylinders, pumps, motors and enclosed loop control systems
- High School diploma or GED
- Two or more years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Ability to work overtime as needed; must be able to work every other weekend
- Experience with CMMS systems is a plus
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common instructions/blueprints
- Experience in electricity (A/C, D/C) and wiring a plus.
- Team Oriented
- Must possess strong safety work ethics
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Wadsworth, OH 44281, USA