Seasonal Outdoor Educator (SNR)
Shaw Nature Reserve, 307 Pinetum Loop Rd, Gray Summit, Missouri, United States of America Req #609
Tuesday, March 7, 2023
Summary: We are seeking a seasonal outdoor educator to assist with environmental education programs at Shaw Nature Reserve, a location of the Missouri Botanical Garden, in Gray Summit, Missouri.
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Schedule: Temporary, Part-Time Position (April to November; 18-24 hours/week)
- Assists education staff in the development and implementation of school programs at Shaw Nature Reserve, including group facilitation, leading activities, and materials preparation.
- Communicate effectively with diverse age groups, abilities, interest levels, and group sizes.
- May assist with Nature Explore Classroom, Dana Brown Outdoor Education Center grounds, public programs, events, and outreach programs.
- Ensures that all applicable safety standards are followed. Adapts or modifies work methods to reduce hazards. Reports all accidents, injuries and near-miss accidents immediately
- Behaves and communicates in a manner that fosters a culture of teamwork, cooperation, and respect within our division and throughout the Garden with all employees, supervisors/managers, volunteers, visitors, and others.
- Must be able to work a at least three mornings each week and occasional weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required and some college coursework preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and communicate clearly with diverse audiences.
- Must be punctual, dependable, and possess the ability to effectively multi-task and work under minimal supervision.
- Experience using Microsoft suite (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Ability and willingness to work in varying temperatures and all weather conditions.
- The Garden is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees, volunteers and guests. All staff are strongly encouraged to receive COVID-19 vaccinations by hire date, and the Garden reserves the right to require future proof of current vaccination status, based on community health department guidelines. When international travel is necessary for Garden business, staff must be able to obtain visas, vaccinations and immunizations for all countries where travel is required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Shaw Nature Reserve, 307 Pinetum Loop Rd, Gray Summit, Missouri, United States of America