Sr. Business Development Manager - Remote
Direct Connect Logistix is a nation-wide 3PL company headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Since 2009, we have committed to our promise of delivering every shipment on time, every time - no matter what. That is why we hire the best people, inject tons of energy into our culture, and empower our people to make great things happen for our customers.
Primarily responsible for prospecting for new customers, generating new customer revenue, managing customer accounts, and following the company’s overall sales objectives as a Business Development Representative. Source, secure and manage the transportation needs for new DCL customers while maintaining high levels of customer service and profit margins. This includes daily conversations about freight lanes, rates, and solutions DCL has to offer. Consistently adding new customers and growing current account modes of transportation is an essential function. This person should be very knowledgeable of the truckload freight market, highly motivated, urgency driven and have superior communication skills to succeed at this position. This is an individual performer role with the potential for 50% travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Utilize business development skills to identify, qualify and develop relationships with prospective customers and independently generate new sales revenue.
· Sourcing and securing freight and customers by any method including, but not limited to; current book of business, past contacts, Industry networking, internet searches, website leads, manufacturing guides, CRM leads, social media contacts, sales agent leads, and other client leads.
· Work diligently to develop and master industry and sales knowledge, including prospecting, pipeline development, closing business, managing accounts, spot market vs. contract pricing, etc.
· Prospect and integrate new customers into existing book of business.
· As primary contact for your customers, you will be responsible for managing the top-level relationship between the customer and DCL. You will need to provide excellent customer service skills when communicating through phone, email, and in person.
· Develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
· Grow existing accounts by sourcing and securing new opportunities from within each customer.
· Creatively find new modal solutions for customers.
· Collaborate with Operations team on details required to ensure most effective solutions for prospective customers.
· Have a broad knowledge of truckload markets/pricing and negotiate rates with customers to drive revenue.
· Complete pricing and bid packages in coordination with Pricing Team and provide feedback to team on rates provided.
· Attend (phone) weekly sales meetings to discuss pricing, service issues, KPI metrics, communications, training and any related items.
· Tracking and maintaining all sales prospecting activity in the company CRM (Salesforce).
· Ensure accurate data capture, data integrity and system entry in all customer related functions in company TMS (McLeod).
· Effectively utilize data and problem-solving skills to proactively resolve customer issues.
· Proactively communicate all potential issues/problems with Operations team and Sales VP.
· Up to 50% travel as business requires.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of seven years of outside sales experience required, specifically selling truckload solutions in freight brokerage environment or asset trucking environment
- Strong understanding of brokerage operations, trucking operations and geographic freight markets is preferred.
- Prior demonstration of negotiation skills is preferred.
- Existing customer and/or carrier base is a plus.
- Experience with McLeod TMS and Salesforce is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.) required.
- Qualified candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills along with relationship-building, follow-up, and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be able to work with others along with working independently. Must be detail-oriented and must meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in completing scheduled activities along with additional activities. Ability to manage communication in a positive manner.
- Punctuality and a good work ethic are critical.
- Competitive Base Salary + Commission Compensation
- Comprehensive Insurance Package including medical, dental, vision
- Ancillary Insurance Package including life insurance, longer-term and short-term disability, as well as pet insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays and PTO Package
- Opportunity for growth and advancement for outstanding performers
- Work with a great team in a fast-paced and fun office environment
Direct Connect Logistix is an equal opportunity employer. Direct Connect Logistix does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family SGA
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes