Research Analyst - GIS/STATS Specialist-Safety & Security Research
Serve as an important contributing team member on projects or lead smaller/less complex activities. Demonstrate analytical competence, particularly in the areas of statistical or geospatial analysis.
Job Duties and/or Responsibilities
1. Develop sound analytic frameworks and associated analytic methodologies/ techniques for addressing both structured and unstructured problems. Consistently produce high quality analysis.
2. Develop and maintain broad, general institutional knowledge of primary clients/sponsors; their culture, organization, and issues.
3. Support business development efforts and/or marketing activities by maintaining strong client relationships through high quality work, increasing the visibility of our work, and other related activities such as proposal preparation.
4. Interact with sponsors/clients under the supervision of an experienced colleague, and with study POCs independently.
5. Make significant contributions to research publications and analytic products for individual projects.
6. Generate compelling visualizations of quantitative datasets, and qualitative data or process diagrams. Communicate results of work in a clear and concise fashion. Effectively communicate one-on-one and in groups. Document work efficiently and accurately. Effectively present work to colleagues, sponsors, and small audiences that are familiar with content.
7. Work with minimal or no guidance on focused, well-structured pieces of projects. Work under closer supervision on more complex, less-structured tasks. Serve as task lead for pieces of projects by managing own activities. May lead small projects under the supervision of an RTL/CMD.
8. Exhibit a positive attitude in interactions with colleagues and clients/sponsors. Provide clear guidance to colleagues on tasks. Take responsibility for own actions and outcomes.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Minimum Master’s degree or a relevant field or equivalent experience, PhD preferred.
2. Experience: Typical minimum requirements Ph.D. & 0+ years or Master’s & 2+ years of experience in research and analysis, including a combination of:
- Geospatial analysis software such ArcGIS or MapWindow for mapping, data visualization, and analysis
- Statistical analysis in one or more software packages
- Coding experience and ability to develop programs for mathematical computations
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Job Family Research
- Job Function Career Path I - Research
- Pay Type Salary
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America