Associate Advisor-Safety & Security Research
Develop subject matter expertise in one or more fields and apply this expertise to assigned projects. Work with internal colleagues and clients to support projects and complete deliverables on time.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Works with minimal or no guidance on focused, well-structured pieces of projects. Works under closer supervision on more complex, less-structured tasks. Can serve as task lead for pieces of projects by managing own activities.
2. Demonstrate a working knowledge within discipline/field as well as CNA’s organization and processes. Apply fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures as directed.
3. Help prepare project reports and briefings.
4. Begin to provide expertise related to project development.
5. Assist in identifying and pursuing business development opportunities related to a subject of expertise.
6. Assist in the development of proposals and marketing efforts in areas of expertise.
7. Advise project team on planning, pursuit and success related to projects associated with areas of expertise.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field(s) of expertise.
3. Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of best thinkers and policy practitioners in related fields. Good project management and computer skills.
4. Other: Must have or be able to obtain a security clearance upon hire with ability to maintain clearance.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
- Job Family Research
- Job Function Career Path II - Expert & Research Specialist
- Pay Type Salary
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America