Senior Strategic Development Specialist
Provide business development and strategic initiative support across the research and analysis business units at CNA. Identify and support the development of opportunities for new funding and opportunities to expand the reputation of CNA to include lead capture strategies, planning and execution of events and corporate level initiatives, marketing strategies, opportunity identification and qualification, competitive analysis, and proposal development and delivery.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Serve as an internal business development (BD) lead and collaborate regularly on BD lifecycle activities with CNA Business Development and Strategic Initiatives staff.
2. Execute strategic initiatives, events, and engagements that require interaction with high level national and homeland security leaders.
3. Engage effectively with CNA Senior Fellows, Trustees, and CNA Military Advisory Board members building key business relationships
4. Lead capture strategies as requested, to include developing client, competitor and internal assessments, market research, opportunity development, and identification of weaknesses or gaps.
5. Lead collaborations across business development, research staff, and communications with marketing, including research of customers and opportunities, preparation of marketing materials and presentations, and attendance at client meetings or events.
6. Support the IPR Centers’ Global Security with opportunity identification and qualification and analyses of incumbents or potential competitors.
7. As directed, prepare proposal pricing or review proposal pricing prepared by others. May lead and / or participate in proposal pricing strategy meetings, Price Volume development, and/or prepare content for Price Volumes.
8. Serve as a proposal manager, volume lead, compliance lead, and/or writer of proposals as requested by division leadership to support proposals in IPR. Lead, contribute to, or support proposal review Teams.
9. Support CNA research teams on homeland and national security analysis, as requested.
10. Lead, coordinate, and work in partnership with the VP of Strategic Initiatives to plan and/or support to events designed to position CNA in front of potential clients or sponsors (e.g., conferences, seminars, etc.).
11. Performs other duties as required.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Public Policy, International Relations, Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum 5 years of progressive experience with public policy research, federal procurement process, business development and competitive proposal processes.
3. Skills: Ability to lead specific business development activities under general, or no, direction. Excellent writing, verbal, and organizational skills. Strong interpersonal skills are required with the ability to gain the cooperation of others. Must be a quick learner, flexible, and adaptable and able to work well under pressure and deadlines. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, is essential.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as needed to meet proposal schedules.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
Voluntary (but highly desired) document
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criterion for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application.
- Job Family Business Development
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- Employment Indicator (none)
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America