Information Resources - Document Management Specialist III
Lead role in maintaining and updating CNA’s document control records system and CNA’s publications system. Administers document management applications, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and completeness of the corporation’s systems of record.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Classified document control—Maintain and ensure proper procedures for handling and transference of classified materials, in accordance with DCSA regulations and the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual. Responsible for the classified mail registry/tracer system and the inventory and records of classified media. Conduct and document destruction of classified material in accordance with DoD and DCSA requirements. Maintain accurate individual custody holdings, ensuring complete accountability records. Conduct ad hoc and regularly scheduled inventories of classified repository and custodian holdings.
2. Records management—Responsible for CNA’s off-site storage inventory and records. Interact with off-site storage vendor to ensure accountability of stored materials and proper transference of classified and unclassified inventories to and from the site. Maintain and ensure data quality and integrity of records and documents in CNA’s document systems of record (DMS). Work with Document Center and research staff to rectify data/documents discrepancies.
3. Document processing and management—Maintain CNA’s document/publications system of record for accountability and retention. Create, edit, and update records in the classified and unclassified document management systems; process CNA publications for retention and distribution. Ensure that pre-established document control requirements (e.g., appropriate signatures, distribution statements, legal disclaimers) are satisfactorily met. Review documents and metadata to verify that records correctly reflect document metadata, classification, distribution, and version. Use judgment to resolve inconsistencies between data and documents; seek guidance when necessary; provide guidance to research teams to resolve inconsistencies. Organize and conduct periodic inventories of physical collections and electronic repositories and records.
4. Document distribution and reporting—Assess and respond to outside requests for documents and inquiries from CNA websites; ensure adherence to classification and distribution instructions. Perform database queries to produce ad hoc and recurring reports and statistics. Prepare documents for external release in response to outside requests and for release to CNA websites. Prepare documents and forms for submission to external agencies (such as DTIC).
5. Research staff support—Assist, guide, and instruct research administrative staff on document standards and formats, distribution statements and requirements, document templates, and publications processes. Review and prepare documentation and job aids for use in assisting and training staff. Assist with research staff requests, including printing and binding jobs.
6. Document Center support—Provide guidance, training, and leadership to lower-level staff. Work with management and staff to recommend and implement improvements to document management, quality control, and workflow processes and procedures. Provide backup support to the Production Services supervisor. Staff the service counter when needed.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Two-year associates degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in administrative field, higher degree a plus.
2. Experience: Minimum 3 years database, document, or records management experience; experience maintaining databases. Minimum 1 year handling and controlling classified documents.
3. Skills: Skilled in Microsoft Office and other office productivity applications; demonstrated skills working with computers and databases. Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to work independently and prioritize own work. Ability to interpret varied and complex data to ensure accurate record-keeping. Detailed knowledge of handling and control of classified materials and of DSS and DoD security regulations and requirements. Ability to apply knowledge of procedures and regulations to address problems and solve issues. Excellent customer service skills and ability to work well with others; demonstrated oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate knowledge to assist others
4. Other: Ability to lift 40 pounds; final DoD Secret security clearance required. Flexibility to work overtime as required.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is not eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements. Occasional flexible work schedule may be possible at the discretion of the Supervisor.
- Job Family Administrative
- Job Function Career Path IV - Administrative
- Pay Type Hourly
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America