Deputy Director Cloud Solutions & Systems -Information Technology Center
This role will deliver unmatched business value to CNA’s customers through extensive solutions-oriented expertise and a comprehensive understanding of Cloud technology. Overseeing the technical integration, platform adoption, and optimization of critical projects from start to finish including plan requirements with internal customers and ushering projects through the entire project lifecycle. Responsible for partnering across a wide variety of functions internally and for external customers to solve challenges and problems in cloud computing by working closely with a cross-functional team to ensure rapid and accurate resolution of technical challenges.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Design and implement short- and long-term plans and to ensure CNA’s cloud capability and capacity meets existing and future requirements by building out an agile cloud strategy. Be an Azure Platform advocate with our customers.
2. Leverage an aligned information technology cloud services management and delivery framework and associated base process models to establish and subsequently enhance services delivery. Recommend cloud solutions by using technical expertise across multiple areas and manage strategic alliances among Azure and partners/customers to promote adoption and interoperability of their existing applications and infrastructure solutions to Azure Cloud Platform.
3. Guide a multidisciplinary team through development of a complex product from inception to end-of-life in a very fast-paced and demanding environment; establish roadmap and key project milestones for concurrent engagements, advocate internally for product features and sales direction, and proactively identify technical dependencies and roadblocks to mitigate risks and ensure successful execution of projects.
4. Lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using engineering expertise. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks, and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
5. Review current processes for technical support services, focusing on problem, asset, and configuration management to improve tactical resolution as well as tracking and report to the business.
6. Prioritize and create product requirements documents to synthesize strategic solutions to interdependent and broad problems for the solutions engineering team.
7. Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud security, hybrid infrastructures secure, architecture designs, and technology management.
8. Use expert level knowledge of identity and access management in on-premises solutions and the cloud inclusive of Azure AD Connect, ADFS, and third-party identity providers.
9. Remain abreast of regulatory and compliance requirements to drive successful governance strategies.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience required; Advanced degree is a plus. Additional certifications such as MCSA, Network+, and PMP are preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum 10 years of professional experience in infrastructure with at least 3 years successful leadership of IT within various disciplines in the IT function, including progressively more responsible experience managing technical staff and projects.
3. Skills: Enterprise-scale technical skills with cloud security, hybrid infrastructures secure, architecture designs, and technology management. Must have expertise in a client-facing environment and interacting with technical and business stakeholders.
4. Other: On-call availability outside of normal working hours. Must be able to obtain and maintain Top Secret clearance.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
Please include a cover letter as part of your application. A cover letter should introduce yourself, briefly summarize your professional background, explain why you are a good candidate and the reason for your personal interest in applying for this job.
***Voluntary (but highly desired) document***
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
- Job Family Information Technology
- Job Function Career Path III - Supervisor/Manager
- Employment Indicator (none)
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America