Deputy Director & Enterprise Architect -Information Technology Center
The Deputy Director and Enterprise (Network Architect is responsible for developing, maintaining, and innovating the enterprise network systems on classified and non-classified environments. They will make sure all computers communicate safely and seamlessly, manage wireless access points, cloud, data storage and retrieval, and other emerging areas such as AI, analytics, Internet of Things, Information Technology/Operational Technology (IT/OT) and cloud-to-edge technology. The Deputy Director and Enterprise Architect will ensure that the enterprise communications infrastructure is mission capable through the deployment and maintenance of LAN/WAN networks, switches, routers, modems, and computer systems. The architect will lead technical teams of network engineers, and technical subject matter experts, and brief the Director & Chief Technology Officer and Chief Information Officer on Network Architecture strategy, design and implementation.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Maintains smooth operation of local area, world-wide and virtual private networks (VPN).
2. Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
3. Propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
4. Coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
5. Provide training sessions and guidance to Infrastructure Team members and other Technology Center staff to ensure understanding of evolving network environment. Provide accurate and thorough documentation of processes and procedures to ensure compliance and enable coverage during outages. Design and conduct end user training for network related services.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree and industry certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCNE, etc.) preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in administering network infrastructure, IT security, and related technology with at least 3 years successful leadership of IT within various disciplines in the IT function, including progressively more responsible experience managing technical staff and projects.
3. Skills: Must have expertise in routing and switching solutions including DNS, DHCP, Network Admission Control, Role Based Access Control; experience with network security and monitoring solutions including firewall, IDPS, forward and reverse Proxy, SSL decryption, remote access solutions, PKI, SNMP; ability to interpret and implement compliance requirements including DISA STIG. Customer Service: Must have demonstrated initiative and ability to work with others; effective oral and written communication; willingness to stay current with new technologies; ability to work on-call and overtime when required for system maintenance and repair.
4. Other: Able to lift 30 lbs. (e.g., computer and network equipment). On-call availability outside of normal working hours. Must be able to obtain and maintain Top Secret clearance.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
Please include a cover letter as part of your application. A cover letter should introduce yourself, briefly summarize your professional background, explain why you are a good candidate and the reason for your personal interest in applying for this job.
***Voluntary (but highly desired) document***
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
- Job Family Information Technology
- Job Function Career Path III - Supervisor/Manager
- Employment Indicator (none)
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America