Information Resources - Document Management Specialist II
Information support specialist. Staff the Document Center counter; handle incoming and outgoing classified materials; process and maintain controlled documentation using a document control system.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Service counter/customer support—Staff and maintain the Document Center customer service counter. Answer routine requests; elevate nonroutine or complex requests. Use the search engine and document management system to respond to document requests. Communicate with CNA staff as needed to clarify and complete requests. Assist customers with printing requests.
2. Printing support—Assist with complex print jobs; serve as subject matter expert in advanced production printing techniques on commercial-grade printers.
3. Document processing and maintenance—Review incoming documents and document data for accuracy and completeness. Process project documents: create records, assign file codes, scan documents, log metadata, file hard copies, and fulfill document retrieval requests. Deliver documents to internal and external recipients as needed. Perform routine maintenance activities for physical collections and assist with inventories.
4. Classified materials control and distribution—Process incoming and outgoing classified documents and materials in accordance with DoD, DCSA, and contractual requirements. Ensure proper procedures for handling and destruction of classified materials. Prepare packages including receipts and wrapping for external dissemination and transfer. With supervisor’s guidance, participate in inventories of classified repository and custodian holdings.
5. Document Center support—participate in Document Center projects and activities; provide assistance and backup support to other Document Center positions and responsibilities.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent; some college a plus.
2. Experience: Minimum of 1 year of technical or office experience preferred; experience with computers and data entry desired. Work in a classified environment with classified documents a plus.
3. Skills: Basic skills in Microsoft Office and other office productivity applications or demonstrated ability to learn new applications. Must have attention to detail and ability to follow instructions and set procedures. Capacity for learning how to handle and control classified materials. Excellent customer service skills and ability to work well with others, good oral and written communication skills.
4. Other: Ability to lift 40 pounds, push a cart and shelve documents. Ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance. Flexibility to work overtime as required.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is not eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements. Occasional flexible work schedule may be possible at the discretion of the Supervisor.
Please include a cover letter as part of your application. A cover letter should introduce yourself, briefly summarize your professional background, explain why you are a good candidate and the reason for your personal interest in applying for this job.
***Voluntary (but highly desired) document***
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster; "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Administrative
- Job Function Career Path IV - Administrative
- Pay Type Hourly
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America