Contracts and Procurement - Contracts Administrator IV
Responsible for a variety of senior level and complex contracts, pricing, and procurement related functions. Responsibilities for contract tasks from creation to completion. Cost proposal preparation, review and approval, contract administration, program management assistance, procurement oversight and closeout. Working under fairly limited direction, systematically apply principles, theories and concepts of contract administration. Interprets and ensures compliance with established guidelines, procedures and policies.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Understanding and interpreting Federal Acquisition Regulation terms and conditions and what clauses may be applicable to contracting or subcontracting, identifying and managing risk, negotiating, and supporting company reviews and audits.
2. Responsible for supporting FFRDC and IPR proposal preparation. Assist in pricing of competitive procurements based on RFP requirements. Price individually or as a member of a team.
3. Contributes to the development of new processes, identifying areas for improvement and provides recommendations.
4. Manage complex and/or sensitive government contracts. Independently interface with Program Managers and provides insight and direction to others.
5. Contract administration/audit compliance support. Prepare contract-related documents and correspondence. Provide audit liaison and coordination with other critical functional areas. Assist with reporting contract activities to staff and management by providing input to various reports. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may supervise or provide guidance to other personnel.
6. Provide back-up for Director, Contracts & Procurement in the director's absence including providing support and oversight to the team and signature authority.
7. Assist Director, Contracts & Procurement in preparation and dissemination of contract related training and other contractual training materials and information to the research staff.
8. Interacts regularly with other functional areas, organization management and sponsors / clients / vendors to complete objectives. Interacts with senior management levels among external contacts. May negotiate with others regarding matters of significance to the organization.
9. Negotiate domestic U. S. Government contracts and commercial contracts. Effectively communicates with & engages colleagues at all levels of the organization. Serves as a role model/mentor for less experienced staff, particularly in helping them develop their own leadership skills. Proactively seeks out opportunities to support corporate initiatives and to make CNA a better place to work.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's in business, procurement or finance. Advanced degree and/or CPCM desirable.
2. Experience: At least 9 years in multi-contract government contract environment, 6 years experience preparing competitive cost proposals.
3. Skills: Working knowledge of FAR and FAR supplements; proficiency in spreadsheets and databases; ability to organize workload to meet all deadlines and commitments while handling multiple assignments; able to perform under pressure; ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently; excellent oral and written communications skills; strong customer relations skills. Ability to gain cooperation of others.
4. Other: Ability to attain a Secret level security clearance.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
***Voluntary (but highly desired) document***
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
- Job Family Contract Administration/Management
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America