Contracts and Procurement - Contracts Administrator II
Perform a variety of contract, subcontract and proposal development activities including, contract administration, subcontract administration, contract/subcontract closeout, and cost proposal preparation. Work under readily available supervision. Follow well established policies and procedures, where work is reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy. Begin to work on somewhat complex activities and demonstrate good contract/subcontract administration competencies. Apply fundamental concepts and practices, and procedures and demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to be fairly proficient.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Perform contract and subcontract administration duties to include preparing correspondence; setting up and maintaining contract and subcontract files; and administer the terms and conditions of existing contracts.
2. Prepare and administer new subcontract agreements, and work with the program managers, accounting and program control to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements.
3. Analyze Request for Proposals and advise the proposal team on risks and issues relating to proposals.
4. Ensure proposal is compliant with the RFP.
5. Prepare Nondisclosure agreements and teaming agreements for proposal efforts.
6. Work with manager to negotiate contract and subcontract agreements.
7. Advise program managers on contractual requirements and issues and serve as the liaison with Subcontractors on related subcontract issues.
8. Prepare contract close-outs, and requests for modifications.
9. Follow established corporate policies and procedures.
10. Effectively communicate with colleagues internal and external clients on a variety of contractual issues.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree (preferably in business, procurement, or finance) or equivalent experience required.
2. Experience: Minimum of five (5) years' related experience in a multi-contract government contractor environment. Experience in preparing business proposals. Knowledge and exposure to various contract types.
3. Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CostPoint. Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Agency supplements; ability to organize workload to meet all schedules, deadlines and commitments while handling multiple assignments; ability to work extended hours during proposal preparation periods or as required to complete assignments; ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently. Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong customer service skills.
4. Other: Ability to attain and maintain a SECRET level security clearance.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
***Voluntary (but highly desired) document***
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster", "EEO Poster Supplement". The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Contract Administration/Management
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America