Aeronautical Information Specialist - Enterprise Systems & Data Analysis Research
Part- or Full-time position available. Virtual or Washington, DC area.
ABOUT THE POSITION
CNA is currently seeking an Aeronautical Information Specialist for our Enterprise Systems and Data Analysis (ESDA) division within the Institute for Public Research. You can join a strong team supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) with ensuring safety of our national airspace system. This role will develop and support implementation of a robust and flexible assessment framework to support oversight of FAA information management domestically and internationally. CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives
This position provides subject matter expertise in data and information management for the aviation domain. Conducts analysis on the implementation of domestic and international policies for information management. Works with clients and staff to recommend and implement solutions in support of client business needs or research studies. This may include but is not limited to analyzing existing aeronautical information systems, helping to establish uniformity based on International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards, providing instructional courses, establishing technical requirements, and providing expertise on aviation data exchange.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Provide expertise in data and information management best practices with work on complex problems that require in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises independent judgment and creativity in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
2. Provide expertise in aeronautical information, to include the implementation of ICAO Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) Annex 15 standards for aeronautical information resources, providing instructional courses, and establishing technical requirements.
3. Provide expertise for improvements to aeronautical data exchange processes including analysis of existing AIS information and systems, establishing process improvements and documenting those improvements.
4. Prepare and conduct briefings, provide recommendations on the application of ICAO standards to AIS information and systems.
5. Provide support to ICAO working groups including review and drafting proposals, understanding international policies impact on FAA, attending meetings, and briefing out findings. Establish aeronautical information exchanges with aviation entities to acquire information to strengthen ties between such entities providing expertise on aviation data exchange. Provide support to ICAO working groups, to include coordination with AIS specialists from other countries.
6. Develop key relationships with the division or team's major client/sponsors.
7. Provide project leadership to track and deliver project tasking on schedule; ability to lead on projects as needed.
8. Perform other duties as required.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, operations research, data analytics, economics, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum 15 years of experience in data management, business re-engineering, and systems analysis. Minimum 13 years of experience with a Master’s degree. Eight plus years of specialized experience in Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) serving in all aspects of AIS including acquisition of information, quality control, technical requirements, participation and presentation in AIS conferences and meetings preferred.
- Ability to apply data and information best practices to develop recommendations.
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience with FAA aeronautical information processes, systems, and data; FAA and ICAO policies; and FAA System Wide Information Management (SWIM) program concepts and initiatives, preferred.
- Ability to apply ICAO AIS Annex 15 standards to aeronautical information.
- Ability to establish aeronautical information requirements and to translate requirements into designs based on ICAO standards is preferred.
- Ability to work with aviation exchange models (such as Aeronautical Information Exchange Model (AIXM), Flight Information Exchange Model (FIXM), ICAO Meteorological Information Exchange Model (iWXXM)), preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills; ability to write clear technical documentation and provide training.
- Ability to plan and track project tasks to meet project objectives and schedules with the ability to lead project teams.
- Ability to proactively identify technical and project risks and mitigations.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
***Voluntary (but highly desired) document***
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
- Job Family Technical
- Job Function Career Path II - Expert & Research Specialist
- Employment Indicator (none)
- 800 Maine Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024, USA