Strategic Development Specialist
Provides business development and strategic initiative support across the research and analysis business units at CNA. Identify and support the development of opportunities for new funding and opportunities to expand the reputation of CNA to include assisting with capture strategies, planning and execution of events and corporate level initiatives, marketing strategies, opportunity identification and qualification, competitive analysis, and proposal development and delivery.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Serve as an internal business development (BD) resource to CNA Business Development staff.
2. Execute strategic initiatives, events, and engagements that require interaction with high level national and homeland security leaders.
3. Engage effectively with CNA Senior Fellows, Trustees, and CNA Military Advisory Board members building key business relationships
4. Support and/or lead aspects of capture strategies as requested, to include developing client, competitor and internal assessments, market research, opportunity development, and identification of weaknesses or gaps.
5. Collaborate with business development or research staff with marketing, including research of customers and opportunities, preparation of marketing materials and presentations, and attendance at client meetings or events.
6. Support the IPR Centers’ Global Security with opportunity identification and qualification and analyses of incumbents or potential competitors.
7. As directed, prepare proposal pricing or review proposal pricing prepared by others. May lead and / or participate in proposal pricing strategy meetings, Price Volume development, and/or prepare content for Price Volumes.
8. May serve as proposal manager, volume lead, and/or writer for aspects of proposals as requested by division leadership to support proposals in IPR. Lead, contribute to, or support proposal review Teams.
9. Support CNA research teams on homeland and national security analysis, as requested.
10. Coordinate, help plan and/or support to events designed to position CNA in front of potential clients or sponsors (e.g., conferences, seminars, etc.).
11. Performs other duties as required.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Public Policy, International Relations, Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum of 4 years’ experience with public policy research, business development and / or competitive proposal processes. Experience with the federal procurement process preferred.
3. Skills: Ability to lead specific business development activities under limited direction. Excellent writing, verbal, and organizational skills. Strong interpersonal skills are required with the ability to gain the cooperation of others. Must be a quick learner, flexible, and adaptable and able to work well under pressure and deadlines. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, is essential. Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as needed to meet proposal schedules.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
Please include a cover letter as part of your application. A cover letter should introduce yourself, briefly summarize your professional background, explain why you are a good candidate and the reason for your personal interest in applying for this job.
***Voluntary (but highly desired) document***
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
- Job Family Business Development
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- Employment Indicator (none)
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America