As a Customer Service Engineers (CSE) you will provide service and support for Peak Technologies supported equipment, in a timely manner, including, but not limited to, installations, repair, preventative maintenance, calibration and sales support. Maintain an organized, proactive system of territory management, utilizing current management reports and data provided. Demonstrate the ability to develop contingency and effective support plans for necessary guidance from senior peers. Continually evaluate and implement efficiency improvements in territory operation. Responsible for promoting and maintaining high customer satisfaction levels and consistently achieving results across all key areas of the business with little supervision or direction. Focused on growing the business, treating every service event as a growth or lead generation opportunity. Maintain a positive attitude and demeanor, embracing change and influencing peers and team to do the same.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Promote and produce the sale of service contracts, upgrades, parts, and billable labor revenue to meet established business goals and guidelines.
• Maintain proper and accurate inventory for the purpose of service and follow approved policies and procedures for Inventory Controls.
• Provide accurate and timely documentation that details field activity, expenses, time reporting, and other information as required.
• Provide exceptional customer service; ensure customer satisfaction is achieved when resolving customer/product issues and complaints.
• Provide prompt, effective, and continuous communication with customers and internal stakeholders about service call status, ETA’s and resolution status.
• Regularly interact and build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
• Develop a working knowledge of Corporate and Service Department procedures and policies.
• Installs, maintains, and repairs FHE (forms handling equipment)
• Takes ownership of position and proactively engages in coordinating and scheduling servicing activities based on regional demands and priorities.
• Demonstrates behavior that cultivates operational excellence by continually challenging old methods or ways of thinking and taking responsible risks to improve results; serve as a positive role model in creative thinking and in focusing on quality work.
• Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
• Performs other duties/special projects as assigned.
• Technical background in electro-mechanical devices such as printers, kiosk/ATM devices, or equivalent experience.
•Associate Degree desired or 2-4 years of equivalent work experience in field service or similar industry
•Certification in information technology or process improvement training desired.
•Operates within division or department policy guidelines using nearly independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
•Reads and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
•Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
•Escalates issues discovered while performing required tasks to minimize customer disruptions.
•Prioritizes and handles multiple tasks simultaneously almost always.
•Above basic computer skills and phone application skills using Microsoft Windows based programs is required.
•Self-starter and motivated to perform effectively during times of high demand.
•Ability to work from home with minimal supervision or guidance.
•Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record.
•Must be able to lift 50lbs without limitations or constraints.
•Be able to travel throughout the country.
•Be able to perform in high pressure environments.
•Critical physical effort consisting of continuously standing, bending, and handling equipment.
•Exposure to limited amounts of noise and paper dust.
•Home office with 90% daily travel and up to 20% overnight travel to customer sites nationally.